Sunday, October 14, 2012

Back (Again)

Howdy!  We're back again!
It's been a looooong time since the last blog post.  Sorry for the delay, but we've been busy having adventures.  Henry has grown up a lot in the last few months.  You can see below that he's gotten a lot taller.  These pictures are from a our recent trip to Crested Butte.  I'll fill in some of the gaps over then next month, but I can't garauntee they'll be in any kind of logical order, so sorry if the timeline's a little confusing.

On the way out Jamie gave Henry her sunglasses since the sun was in his eyes and his were packed away somewhere.  The result was Kim Jung Il junior.
When we got to the condo, Henry immediately found this funny little nook in one of the bedrooms.  It was perfect for a three year old.  The only way to get him out was to crawl halfway in and pull him out by the ankle.  Good fun.

Henry and I spent some time by the river while all the everyone else went on an adult hike.  Of course, if there's water and rocks in the vicinity, that means the rocks need to be thrown into the water.  It's just a law of nature.

After finding some pools with fish and a few good sticks for whacking things, we took a break on a knoll above the river to have a snack.  The late evening light was perfect for taking pictures of Henry and I managed to snap this one before he noticed what I was doing.

Then I got this one.

Then this one.

Then I made the mistake of asking him to smile and got this...

and then this.

Then I casually pretended to be taking pictures of the trees...

Then I got this...

and finally, Henry's best attempt at a true smile.  Hmmm. 

The next day we spent some time at the park.  They have a cool jungle gym that's set up like a pirate ship, complete with a big mast.  It's always a big hit.  Mom and Henry having fun on one of the last remaining metal slides in the U.S.

Then we spent some time flying a kite.



Mom and Dad have very different kite flying styles.

Mom's a very active kite flyer.

Dad...?

not so much.

Though this method does lead to more crashes, that just means Henry gets to throw the kite in the air more.

On the drive back to Fort Collins we stopped for a hike along the way.  Mom and Henry masterfully navigating the river crossing.




Of all the beautiful things we saw along the way, this is the one that most captivated Henry.

A dirty car.  Sign of a good trip.

On our way to our next adventure.  See you again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment